On Thursday 04 December 2003 12:27, Jeff Smelser wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2003 02:12 am, Christian Herzyk wrote:
> > >With kmail you can either have threading on or threading off. With
> > > threading on, it goes by the headers _and_ the time of receipt. If you
> > > delete messages as you read them, it might be easier to not thread the
> > > messages and sort by subject and then by date. Otherwise, you'll have
> > > to read the entire thread and then delete - of course, that doesn't
> > > help when you receive a new message in the thread but the previous
> > > messages are gone.
> >
> >  From what I hear this behaviour should be fixed in Kmail from KDE3.2.
> > It should then be the way as it is in Mozilla now.
>
> Thank god, a thread delete would do it some good too.. ;)

Welcome to KMail 1.5.93

KMail is the email client for the K Desktop Environment. It is designed to be
fully compatible with Internet mailing standards including MIME, SMTP, POP3
and IMAP.

KMail has many powerful features which are described in the documentation
The KMail homepage offers information about new versions of KMail

Important changes (compared to KMail 1.5):

Operations on the parent of a closed thread are now performed on all messages
of that thread. That means it is now possible for example to delete a whole
thread or subthread by closing it and deleting the parent.

Some of the new features in this release of KMail include (compared to KMail
1.5, which is part of KDE 3.1):

KMail can now be embedded in the Kontact container application.
Search Folders (a.k.a Virtual Folders)
As-you-type spell checking is supported.
Panel applet showing unread message totals.
Per folder duplicate mail removal
Drag and drop support of messages onto the composer
Improved threading; threading by subject, sort stable deletion
Numerous search dialog improvements
SMTP pipelining (faster mail submission).
Separate reader window improvements, including new tool bar
Configurable startup folder.
IMAP messages are loaded progressively.
IMAP attachments are loaded on demand.
KMail can check your accounts for new mail on startup.
Individual IMAP folders can be checked for new mail.
Ignore Thread and Watch Thread.
Messages can have more than one status.
More flexible layout (no message pane or panes side by side)
Disconnected IMAP.

We hope that you will enjoy KMail.

Thank you,

    The KMail Team