Hey Folks,

  Got a problem with framebuffer. I am on a Toshiba 1805-S274 Laptop with
Gentoo installed with kernel: 2.4.20-gentoo-r6

I have compilied framebuffer into my kernel with the following options:

Console Drivers

   -> Framebuffer Support
               |-> [*] Support for frame buffer devices
                    [*] VESA VGA Graphics Console
                    [M] Trident Support (Experimental)

I compile the kernel and modify the grub.conf to add line:  vga=ask

Problem is - it's not asking. I made sure then when compiling the kernel I
mounted /boot and modified /boot/grub/grub.conf

Question is - Is framebuffer supported with Gentoo?
If so why is grub not asking when it should?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Al Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]