Senectus - wrote:

| The GRP CD's are the 2 CD sets arnt they? or is there another set?
|
| I have been using the P4 1.4 Gentoo CD set.. but some of my emerge
| features that SHOULD be local, are trying to reach out across the
| net.. would that be because I've used the wrong CD's?
|
| Senectus
|

| "Imagine a school with children that can read and write, but with
| teachers who cannot, and you have a metaphor of the Information Age
| in which we live."   - Peter Cochrane

there were some errors with the first 1.4 GRP cd's that caused people
to have to download packages from the net.  The latest cd's have fixed
that issue.  Also if you use the -K (upper case K) flag when emerging
it will only use binary files and not even try and fetch the source.

There was an entire thread about this issue on the forums. http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=72751 The final conclusion was to download the newest GRP disk and get the packages from it. Good Luck