On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:29, Barry Marler wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:17:15 +0100
> Guy Van Sanden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I copied the config file in /etc/kernels/...
> > Genkernel uses that file if it exists.
> >
> > Everything went fine, execpt that USB seems broken in gentoo-r9 (at
> > least on my system).
>
> <snip>
>
> If you wished to preserve the functionality you compiled into r8, you should have
> used its .config.  USB isn't broken in r9.
I did copy my file, but as I use genkernel I need the files in
/etc/kernels, genkernel reported which config it used, and that was
correct.

Anyhow, I tried XFS sources and gentoo-sources-2.4.22-r1 and they work.
USB is broken for my system (maybe chipset/mobo related) in 2.4.20-r9,
the rest of the kernel is identical in functionality to my -r8 one.

Guy Van Sanden
http://unixmafia.port5.com

Registered Linux user #249404 - September 1997