Na 1071062991, 2003-12-10 ob 14:29, je David Gethings napisal(a):
> On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 13:23, Goran Kavrecic wrote:
> >  I have installed the Gentoo 1.4 on my desktop pc, then added gnome,
> > openoffice, evolution, ...
> >
> >  After some days I realized that the displayed time is 1 hour ahead of
> > the localtime and the one set in BIOS. I linked CET to /etc/localtime
> > (isn't this Central Europe Time?).
> >
> >  How can I correct this?
> >  What should I install/emerge to set the time in gnome 2.4?
> Ithink this can be corrected with the command tzconfig. I'm currently on
> a Debian box. It lives in /usr/sbin/tzconfig. Might be in a different
> place for Gentoo. I don't know as I've never had to run it.
Thanks. You were almost right. It's tzselect(first offers regions, that
countries ... you meant that?), like on RH. It doesn't help except that
comfirmed that CET is the right timezone. It proposes how to set this on
a user basis, but not on server basis.

I re-checked: I run RH on my notebook and the timein BIOS is the same as
in linux. On my desktop(Gentoo) the BIOS/CMOS is correct and linux is 1
hout ahead.

Goran