Andrew Farmer schrieb:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:18:27 -0800, Christoph Schäfer muttered:

Hi all,

I'm trying to use gaims (0.71) systray icon  - if I click on the x, the
window hides and I stay online. If I get a message, it pops up. But
there is no icon in the systray of gnome 2.4 anywhere :( Any suggestions?
I have to activate the plugin eacht time I start gaim. Otherways gaim
will not hide but close on clicking on x, though the systra option is
activated.

You have to add a specific applet to the GNOME panel to give the systray
icon somewhere to dock to. It's part of the standard applets package, and
is called something like "system tray applet".

I have emerged the gnome-applets package, still no go. Other trayicons like battery status, weather etc work fine. So I guess it is a gaim thing? Gaim is Version 0.72. Any other ideas?