Jeff Smelser wrote:

Hey,

I just realized spamassassins deamon was not running. Doing a rc-status, of course, said it was started..

Has someone created a nifty script to run through the default runlevel, like rc-status, but actually make sure the daemon is running.. Maybe a check <pid>.

If not, I am going to write one.. Dunno how I am gonna pull it off. If anyone has some ideas on how I find the pid files dynamically. I know they are in the /var/run. I am talking programatically..

I have this in crontab:

#Check for spamd and restart it if it croaked
0,15,30,45 * * * * if [ "`ps -ef | grep spamd | grep -v grep`" = "" ]; then (cd /usr/bin; ./spamd -q -x -m 15 -u spam -d); fi

:)