Spider wrote:

"i know I know"

man setterm for lots of nifty things about terminals :

-powerdown [0-60] Sets the VESA powerdown interval in minutes. Without an argument, defaults to 0 (disable powerdown). If the console is blanked or the monitor is in suspend mode, then the monitor will go into vsync suspend mode or powerdown mode respectively after this period of time has elapsed.

-powersave [off] Turns off monitor VESA powersaving features.

-blank [0-60] (virtual consoles only)
        Sets  the  interval  of  inactivity, in minutes, after which the screen
        will be automatically blanked (using APM if  available).
        Without an argument, defaults to 0 (disable console blanking).

this ought to do it.

//Spider

Does this only need to be done once? or do I need to run the command at boottime (or is it a per-login type thing where I should run it in .bashrc)?

Thanks again,
Aaron

--
/usr/bin/fortune says: