On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:25:57 -0700
"Alex Alward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey guys, my name is Alex, Im new to this list =)
>
> Anyways, im doing my second installation of gentoo ever, and this one
> is supposed to be a dual boot.  I was wondering if you still set up
> your boot partition as boot, since windows is already set to boot, and
> if anyone has a good link for setting up a dual boot gentoo
> installation, lemme know!

My laptop has 1 drive, dual boot, I used grub.

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub.html
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Multiboot-with-GRUB.html

I have 4 partitions on the laptop's drive, hda1 is winxp, hda2 is /boot,
hda3 is / and hda4 is swap.

>From what I have read, the windows stanza is the only one that gives
some people trouble, that and typing in the wrong grub-install commands.
Make sure you have a boot floppy, for windows, linux and grub.

--
I've known him as a man, as an adolescent and as a child -- sometimes
on the same day.