Hi,

I agree with the other mails; imap is better for your goal.

I have fetchmail and exim with cyrus-imap.

Exim can be configured to include virusscanning and spamfiltering. (
Spamassassin, amavis)

So, no more virii and a lot less spam...

If you like, I can send you the config files, it can save you a day or
two...

Elton