Has anyone successfully build and tested the perl XML::Xerces module on
Gentoo?

No ebuild exists...  I am willing to create one if someone can give me a
clue as to what works.

The current CPAN perl module is XML::Xerces-2.3.0-4 which will compile
against xercesc built with
/usr/portage/dev-libs/xerces-c/xerces-c-2.3.0-r6.ebuild but not 2.4.0.

Tests fail to load the perl Xerces.so with undefined symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_49XMLString9transcodeEPKt

xercesc does not build with gcc-2.95.  I have tried building the module
with both gcc-2.95 and with gcc-3.2.3, and it compiles and links with
both compilers, but both builds failure to load with undefined symbol
errors.

--
Lincoln A. Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>