On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:35:33 -0600, "Van Eps, Nathan D. (James Tower)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>You shouldn't have to build and install Mesa. The program "opengl-update"
>just changes some links from "/usr/lib" to another directory. The files for
>your "mesa" build are still there. Just not linked to "libGL" in "/usr/lib".
>FYI, the "mesa" files are built when you build xfree.

I just noticed. Thanks. I now renamed the agpgart.o module so X can't find it
and now KDE works again. I really wonder about how it works. In my X-config
file I have still fglrx, and the module is loaded, but it is no longer used
since I disabled agpgart. But then how does X run? I thought I would have to
have at least change the module to radeon.

I really hope that ATI fixes this 3D acceleration problem soon. :(

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of