On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:19:39 -0800, Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Sounds like you have an older version of grub installed.  Grub has recognized
>grub.conf for a long time.

If this is the case then it wouldn't be my fault. I installed via emerge only
last week. :)

But come to think of it, it could be that this is the version provided by Suse
8.0/8.2 Pro, because this is my current main system. and i had to use this one
because I didn't want to use the gentoo files in the MBR for now. I plan to
migrate fully to gentoo in short time (probably next week), but first I have
to think on what I need to backup and which apps I need so I have to emerge
them. As great as I already like gentoo, it's not a fast one concerning
installation speed. :) Especially since I did a stage1 install. But so far it
works really great and it solves the issues I didn't like about Suse.

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of