Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Jason Stubbs wrote:

On Monday 15 December 2003 12:10, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

I'm switching over from OSS to ALSA, so I need to find all the installed
packages that were merged with "-alsa". Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

# grep -l '-alsa' `find /var/db/pkg/*/*/USE`

That will likely give you *every* package. Try something like:

cd /var/db/pkg
for i in $(grep -l 'alsa' */*/IUSE | cut -d '/' -f 1-2); do grep "\-alsa" ${i}/USE; done

Hmm, this is interesting, but ultimately not very useful. Here's the output:

--
# cd /var/db/pkg
# for i in $(grep -l 'alsa' */*/IUSE | cut -d '/' -f 1-2); do grep "\-alsa" ${i}/USE; done
x86 avi crypt cups encode foomaticdb gif jpeg libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mpeg ncurses nls pdflib png quicktime sdl spell svga truetype xml2 xmms xv zlib gtkhtml gdbm berkdb slang readline bonobo guile tcpd pam ssl perl python esd imlib oggvorbis opengl mozilla acpi -alsa -apm -arts cdr doc gnome -gpm gtk gtk2 hbci java -kde mmx mozcalendar mozxmlterm ofx oss pnp -qt slp sse tcltk tiff X xml
x86 arts avi crypt cups encode foomaticdb gif gpm imlib jpeg libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mpeg ncurses nls oggvorbis pdflib png quicktime sdl spell svga truetype xml2 xmms xv zlib gdbm berkdb slang readline tcpd pam ssl perl python opengl acpi -alsa -apm doc gnome gtk gtk2 java -kde mmx oss pnp -qt sse tcltk X
#
--

It spits out the flags, but not the packages they came from.

I posted again with a modified one-liner:

for i in $(grep -l 'alsa' */*/IUSE | cut -d '/' -f 1-2); do grep "\-alsa" ${i}/USE > /dev/null && echo ${i}; done

--
Andrew Gaffney