On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 06:31:34PM -0800 or thereabouts, lodger wrote:
> lodger root # emerge sync
> >rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage...>> checking server
> >timestamp ...
> rsync: failed to connect to 128.227.212.225: Connection refused
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)
>
> I ran emerge-webrsync after this but still get the same error when I
> tried emerge sync again and again.
> Anyone else having problems w/namerica?

When you get this type of error, it generally means that one of the mirrors
in our rotation is down or misbehaving.  In these cases, we would greatly
appreciate it if you could file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org and assign it to
the rsync category.  Including the IP address in the bug as well as the
name of the rotation you were using is generally enough for us to track it
down.

--kurt