On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:17:23 -0700
"W. Blaine Dowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I unsubscribed from this list last week, including responding to the
> unsubscribe confirmation.  For about five days, I didn't receive a single
> message.  Then, overnight, I seem to have been somehow resubscribed.  I sent
> the unsubscribe message once again, but didn't get asked to confirm, and have
> been getting all of the list e-mails.  Does anyone know what's going on?  Has
> anyone else experienced this?  Is there an unsubscribe method other than
> sending a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"?

The server that hosted the gentoo mailing lists had some problems and was taken
offline, therefor you didn't receive mails for 5 days. Now, there is a new
server online for the lists, and I think they took a backup of the
list-subscriptions to get it running. That might explain why you've got
resubscribed. The new server seems to listen to lists.gentoo.org, not
gentoo.org, so please try to direct your unsubscribe to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I don't know if that helps, I didn't
try it myself.

Hope that helps...

--
Dennis Freise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG key fingerprint: 2DE8 CCEF 6E20 11D4 3B27  21EC B0BA 1749 D2C8 38ED