On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 07:24:28 -0800 Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Speaking of which, when will this ever be fixed?  Every newbie who
| comes along encounters this.  I even got it when reinstalling from
| Stage1 on a new machine.  Even with the instructions in bugzilla, it
| took several attempts before the problem went away permanently.

Speaking entirely from a vague memory of a conversation with carpaski on
irc that I think happened ('cos bugzilla's not loving me right now),
it's already fixed in everything after the current stable-on-x86
portage. But then, someone might have thrown the proverbial spork into
the works...

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail:    ciaranm at gentoo.org