Tom I would post your original message and other corresponding replies
with Collins to the Shorewall mailing list. I'm pretty sure Tom can
give you a diagnosis or some flame to get pointed in the right
direction. One or the other anyways. :P

Personally I would change eht0:0 to be on a different subnet and then
reconfigure shorewall accordingly. I think your causing yourself more
problems than need be with your "local and net zones" on the same
network and same network card at that. I've never seen anyone try and
do that before. I've seen mulitple zones off of the local zone but
never the local and net zones one the same network. That just doesn't
make sense from a security standpoint.

Thats just my opinion though.

Thanks,
JBanks