From: "Gerhard W.Gruber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo slower than Suse?

Since I installed gentoo only two weeks ago for the first time, this is most
surely my fault. :)

Currently I have to use Mesa for OpenGL because I couldn' t get 3D
acceleration for my card working (Asus Radeon 9800XT). Under Suse I got with
glxgears about 400FPS and now with gentoo I only get 300FPS. I was a littler
surprised because I thought that getnoo should usually be faster. Any ideas
why this is the case?

The funny thing is that I have another installation with the same files and
there I get 420FPS which is faster then Suse.

The other installation is exactly the same because when I decided to switch
fully to gentoo I simply copied over the files on the other partition.

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of