Hello all,

I have a SONY CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX810E drive that seems to be malfunctioning. I
can read DVDs and, er, 'bought' CDs without problems. I can even write CDs
which can be read with no problems on other machines. However, I can't read
CDs that have been burnt (before or after this problem started) with this
cdrom or that have been burnt by other machines. mount gives me:

/dev/cdroms/cdrom0: Input/output error
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

I have tried different kernels and using a lens cleaner. I even tried using
FreeBSD which could read a burnt CD approx. 1 time in 20 attempts.

Any ideas on what could have caused this? Any ideas on ways to fix it?
Notebook peripherals aren't quite so cheap...

--
Regards,
Jason Stubbs