Hi,

Sounds like you haven't correctly compiled in support for your IDE controller into the kernel.

You can use "lspci" (from the pciutils package) to find out which IDE controller you have, and then you should compile support for that into the kernel (in 2.6 menuconfig: Device Drivers ---> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support ---> ...). Also check that "Use PCI DMA by default when available" is selected.

Once you have the right support compiled in, the kernel should automatically set DMA during bootup.

Daniel.

Mauro Arnoldi wrote:
 > While I boot my Laptop with Gentoo Linux I notice this warning while checking
the filesystem