>  I would like to grab video/audio from my camera(firewire) and
> VHS(s-video or composite on ATI-Radeon 9200 VIVO).
>
>  For now I can see that the camera is recognized on the firewire port.
>
> Which editing/grabbing/encoding software would you propose?

Try kino for DV capture. It works pretty well for me and even does very basic
editing operations and some transcoding (with the help of external tools)

There's also cinelerra which is supposed to capture and have a lot of editing
capabilities, but I found it pretty unstable.

I haven't tried composite capture, but if you emerge -s "tv" I see several
tool to check out.

--
Chris Bare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]