Hi Thomas,

yes, maybe it sounds funny, but I am sure, that micro$hit
will never start to produce serious secure systems.

There are a lot of reasons for it, but here are the most of them:

1. They know "stupid man mentality" so they know how to manipulate
   with people ...
   therefore they are not worried to deliver systems,
   which are totally unsave and with thousands of bugs,
   because they (always) know howto convince people
   the new version is super etc.

   Stupid man do not like to know about anything what's
   behind the screen... just how it looks like (and how many
   games they can play) is important.

   Another example of companies which profits from "stupid man
   mentality" are cigarette co.'s, Coca & Pepsi cola, drug dealers,
   arsenal and even food industry etc.

2. They know, if they make very serious stable system, people will be happy & they haven't the need (not forced) to upgrade

   (Look to the past: Solingen was known to produce super knifes,
    but the market was very small ... because people were
    buying only one-two knives in all the life !)

   Upgrading is the gold mine! Therefore old M$ is not compatible
   with new one - to force all users to pay again and again.

3. They learned, that to invest into advertising (or BSA panic) is more effective in turnover than investment into development.

   And due to weak US laws it's possible to declare, they are
   investing 3 milliards USD pro year into development :-o, but
   99% of this amounght is in real invested into publicity
   and corruption.
   I am sure in case they really invest these many to developement
   they can have absolutely new TOP (unix) system every year, but
   Solingen history can repeat and the process will stop.

4. All the windblowz conception must be changed completely because it's really shit. It's impossible to have installed more versions of the same DLL. There are undocumented API (maybe only the author knows about them & howto use it) Features of OOP are not used - therefore error messages are deceived etc. There is very big programmers fluctuation, because really good programmers do not like to work for them (it's the same like Trabi races for Michael Schumacher).

5. They are able to corrupt people even in govermets,
    (and they do it very often) since M$ turnover
    is much higher then i.e. Slovak country has.

So I think the only way for the future is to stop them by law in parliaments or in UNESCO.

There are some very nice successes - SUN's contract with
China, Australia ...

Don't forget about Munic (4u known as Munchen :-))
where micro$hit failed to sale their crap too (SuSE wins).

Linux community is doing nice job, but it can
hardly fight with corruption.

noro

Thomas Preissler wrote:
Hello Norbert,

Over 50 % (size related) of my incoming mail traffic is that micro$hit related crap.

I was thinking about the best solution to stop it.
Spam filtering is not a solution, because only hiddens it,
but it steals traffic anyway.

In the rest I found it ...

micro$hit must be prohibited by law in all over the world !

That's funny. And how do you do this? I think, that's not possible.

If you wonna discuss this privatly with me, please answer me
directly, not via the list; I think this topic is slightly OT...

Greets, Tom