On Friday 09 January 2004 6:54 pm, Alex Nelson wrote:
> I have a GE (I know, cheap) 5 button optical mouse. It works just great
> under the 2.4 series of kernels using gpm and X. When I switch to the
> 2.6.x series the mouse jumps all over the place and is completely
> unusable. Any ideas or suggestions?

There were problems with 2.6.test 10 and after versions and ps/2 mice
(especially mm patched), but were fixed recently. Which one are you using (if
it is a ps/2)? Is it any 2.6 version that causes this?
The last 2.6.1 version should eliminate the kernel as the source of your
problem.
 Do you suspect an XF86Config file problem? Does a knoppix live cd boot and
work OK? If so, compare that XF86Config file mouse section with the Gentoo
one. What WM are you using? How is it configured?