Sorry for the OT post, however, I'm unable to locate the subscibe info
for the lkml c-programming ml.  Hopefully there is at least one person
who can help me with this simple problem.  It's not critical, but would
help with debugging.

I'm writing a project in C on a Gentoo box.  I'm using pthreads for the
first time, and so far, it's working well.  There are 8 threads who stay
alive for the duration of execution.  When I'm hitting it with a heavy
load, I'd like to see which thread it struggling (with top, ps, etc).
Unfortunately, They all inherit the name of the executable.

Does any one know how to change the name of the thread identifier used
in top?  I've dug through the oreilly book on pthreads, the man pages,
the net, etc.  No luck.  I probably just don't know the correct name of
the "identifier" attribute variable.  :(  It should be in the attributes
somewhere.  Unfortunately, the structure doesn't appear to be defined
in pthread.h .  There doesn't appear to be a pthread_attr_[get|set]*()
functions that would fit the bill.

TIA,

Cooper.