I've recently switched from KDE to fluxbox.  It works great, except that
the alt key does not work.  Using xev and xmodmap, it looks like the
keymap is set up correctly, but alt-[anything] does not do anything, and
in fact, in an aterm, alt-f1 will display something like '~[[1' (I'm not
at my computer, so I can't be sure I'm remembering exactly.  Also, sshing
to another system and running vim, the backspace key, as well as home and
end, do not work either, although they work locally and on remote shell.
And actually, home and end work properly in ee, which they never have
before (in KDE or Gnome using gnome-terminal).

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
CAUTION: Product will be hot after heating