On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:07:35 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] muttered:
> I'm going to install netatalk but i have a question babout using a ip
> firewall with it.
> If i'm wrigth Appletalk has nothing to do with the TCP/IP protocol or
> even the OSI model, but it is compleetly different, so i can not use a
> iptables firewal to protect those machines ?

Wrong on all counts.

First of all: by default, netatalk uses AFP over TCP/IP, not the old-style
Appletalk protocol.

Second: Even so, old-style Appletalk was just another IP protocol (on a
level with TCP/IP). Firewalls can deal with it, though it isn't really
necessary, as Appletalk shouldn't be used across a WAN.

Third: check your spelling.

--
Andrew Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]