I didn't see the original message anywhere...so i'll respond to this
one..

I'd been running 2.4.20 forever, and 2.4.22-r2 was the first .22 kernel
i tried. After compiling it, all of a sudden my samba file transfers
quit working reliably. *no* clue why...I didn't even think to pin the
problem to the new kernel at first, i spent hours and hours messing
around with my samba configuration thinking that was the problem.

Anyhow, i switched to 2.4.22-r4 the other day, and everything is just
fine now. I'm not sure if the problem was something in my configuration,
or if there was just some bug in it.

*Shrug*
Brendan