Hello,

I'm trying to setup a gnome installation, which requies the $subject v2.0.7 where I have a compilation error... I'm not really sure what the problem can be, but I assume I miss something, because make didn't fail on my other system.
Here are the details:

gcc -whatever -whatever -O3 -march=pentium4 -funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -pipe -c ppp.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ppp.o

and the error comes:

In file included: from /usr/include/linux/timer.h:5,
from /usr/include/linux/isdn/fsm.h:15,
from /usr/include/linux/isdn.h:17,
from ppp.c:29:
/usr/include/linux/list.h:594:2 warning: #warning "don't include kernel headers in userspace"

In file included from /usr/include/linux/isdh/fsm.h:15,
                 from /usr/include/linux/isdn.h:17,
                 from ppp.c:29:
/usr/include/linux/timer.h:11: field `entry' has incomplete type
/usr/include/linux/timer.h:44: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

and from here I have make error in ppp.lo, and make dies.
from this error message, i can think about the following:
because timer.h's line 44 is bailing out because of previous errors which seems to be at line 11... so line 11 should be the problem, but that looks like this (pasting from line 10-15)

10] struct timer_list {
11]    struct list_head entry;
12]    unsigned long expires;
13]
14]    spinlock_t lock;
15]    unsigned long magic;

etc.etc.etc
}

I have 2.6.1 with 2.6.0 headers, and I don't like this line 11 so strange...

Do you have any suggestions about what am I doin' wrong?

Regards,
MBJr.