That's good to know. I've copied the directories from /usr/portage and never knew it
would be smart enough to create it.

> From: Andrej Kacian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2004/01/19 Mon PM 03:10:19 GMT
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local portage ?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:40:36 +0000
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> /usr/local/portage/media-libs/xine
>
> Under this create a files directory.  Then make your ebuilds.

Actually, you only need to place an ebuild in above directory and do

$ ebuild your.ebuild digest

from that dir. This will create all necessary files (manifest, digest, files/
directory etc.)

--
/~\ The ASCII        Andrej "Ticho" Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>
\ / Ribbon Campaign  GnuPG public key ID: 7CD93FE2 (pgp.mit.edu)