The rc file that plays with you font is /etc/rc.conf - you need to edit
the CONSOLEFONT variable (defaults to "default8x16") to change your
font. Either that or you can remove 'consolefont' from your default
runlevel (rc-update remove consolefont default).

Matt

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 15:55, larryB wrote:
> I have successfully installed gentoo.  In my grub.conf file, I included
> the line,
> "kernel (hd0,0)/kernel-2.4.24-2004-01-10 root=/dev/sda5 vga=ext".
>
> This line successfully changes the startup kernel screen from 25 lines
> per screen to 50 lines per screen, which is as intended.  However,
> sometime before the login prompt (probably when init begins), the
> consol returns to 25 lines per screen.  I am migrating to gentoo from
> "Linux From Scratch" (LFS) distribution, where I used the same
> technique, but with LFS, there was no shift back to 25 lines.
>
> I often operate as root from the agetty login consoles.  50 lines per
> screen is more user friendly than 25.  I have looked diligently for the
> location in startup scripts where this change is made, but have not
> been able to find any video altering commands.  How can I have 50 lines
> on my login agetty consoles?
>
> Thanks, Larry

http://www.mattsscripts.co.uk/
  - A great source for free CGI and stuff

Pascal is a language for children wanting to be naughty.
                -- Dr. Kasi Ananthanarayanan