Aaron Walker wrote:
Ok, now this one has really stumped me. For some reason, all of a sudden my laptop keyboard isn't working in Gentoo. I upgraded the kernel to 2.4.22-gentoo-r5 last night, but everything was working fine afterwards.

This morning I was trying to finish up the gnome 2.2 -> 2.4 upgrade (I installed via GRP), and I upgraded part of it, and was going to do the rest tonight, so I removed xdm from the default runlevel, so I could finish the upgrade from the console.

Now when I boot, regular or single user, the keyboard won't work. HELP ME! I am stuck using XP until I figure this one out :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron

I'm such a dope.. apparently, I must've re-enabled legacy USB support in the BIOS w/o realizing it. Since X was loading automatically before, X took care of the keyboard initialization.. Long story short, it works. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

Aaron

--
http://ka0ttic.dyndns.org/

/usr/bin/fortune says: