Hi

I'm using Qmail with SpamAssassin. It's working great, but now I have
run into a problem.

I'm trying to create user based policies using
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs files. However, these are not been read by
SpamAssassin although they have the correct file permissions.

One strange thing I've noticed in /var/log/messages:

Jan 21 22:58:30 ultra spamd[16307]: info: setuid to qmailq succeeded
Jan 21 22:58:30 ultra spamd[16307]: checking message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for qmailq:204.
Jan 21 22:58:31 ultra spamd[16307]: clean message (0.0/5.0) for
qmailq:204 in 0.7 seconds, 2119 bytes.

The above e-mail was for myself (local user "greg"). However, the last
line states "for qmailq".

So, what I tried next was to modify the policy in
~qmailq/.spamassassin/user_prefs. I found by doing this that the qmailq
user's user_prefs are applying to all users.

Is this normal behaviour? How do I get SpamAssassin to read individual
user's user_prefs files?

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Kind regards