When trying to do an 'emerge kde' I get the following error when the
package 'arts-1.1.5' tried to compile:

<snip>
checking for snprintf... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install
libstdc++-devel ?"

!!! ERROR: kde-base/arts-1.1.5 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 117, Exitcode 1
!!! died running ./configure, kde_src_compile:configure

Can any suggest what I need to do to fix this? An 'emerge -s
libstdc++-devel' reveals no packages which seem to fit this reqirement.

Thanks

Jamie