Lincoln A. Baxter wrote:
Whenever there is a HUGE unmasking of 50-100 packages or more, I get
nervous about doing and emerge -Uun world.  I saw several messages go by
earlier in the week about problems with the new glibc.

Have these been resolved?

Lincoln

I was getting ready to ask the same question... good thing I read the new mails first ;)

I have the new glibc running on my laptop(athlon-xp), my desktop(athlon-xp), and my mail server(pentium-mmx), but was unable to get it compiled on a Celeron 550 (that once I'm actually able to install gentoo on it, will be replacing the pentium-mmx) with 2.6 headers and nptl USE flag set.

I don't remember the exact error because this was last weekend I think. I will try again today or tomorrow and see.

Aaron
--
http://ka0ttic.dyndns.org/

/usr/bin/fortune says:
Labor, n.:
        One of the processes by which A acquires property for B.