Hi

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > [...]
> > vmware-config.pl i get this compile error:
> > [...]
> > /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r7/build/include/linux/module.h:21:34:
> > linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory make[2]: ***
> > [...]
>
> Check to make sure that your /usr/src/linux points to the current
> kernel, and that you've actually compiled the kernel in that dir.
> The missing linux/modversions.h sounds like the kernel has been
> extracted but not compiled or something.

I ran into the same issue with vmware-config.pl. After recompiling the
kernel (gentoo-sources-2.4.22-r5), the script worked again like a
charm. So, at least in my case, Alan hit the spot right away...

I don't exactly know what has happened to my /usr/src/linux directory.
However, I have played around with some of the genkernel-3.0.1_beta
ebuilds without actually knowing what it does (I discovered it doesn't
do what I expected from the previous versions). So maybe I wasn't
careful enough there...

HTH, Urs

--
Urs Joss