So now that I'm going to start over from ground zero, one thing that I'd
like to do is to compile Windows 1251 (Cyrillic) fonts into the kernel.

I was going to wait and do it on only the server, but what the hell...
(The reason I really want 'em there is because I have files with W-1251
characters in the names.)

So now it's a matter of figuring out how to compile W-1251 fonts
(sometimes known as cp-1251) into the kernel, so it can read those files.

The how-to's that I've been able to dig up (and yes, I have done some
searching on this subject) all deal with Red Hat.  The instructions don't
even work under Fedora.  (Yes, I have tried.  There and SuSE.)

So I'm hoping that someone out there might have a pointer on how to do
this with Gentoo...

Thanks in advance!

Krikket