Hi all, I think I solved the problem, at least all is running now.

Christian Herzyk wrote:

Hello all,

I got a problem at home right now.
Booting goes well until the "Adding swap" part.
After that I get the following errors:
/sbin/rc lin 262: install: command not found
/sbin/rc lin 299: install: command not found

This is the problem in these lines of /sbin/rc it looks for "install". This file should be in /bin/install. When I checked there I found that it was a link to /usr/bin/install.
In my case /usr is a seperate partition that is not mounted at this time. So it just cannot work.
I updated coreutils to 5.0-r5 just before that problem occured. So I guess this started it all.

I don't think it is a good idea to link /bin/xx to /usr/bin/xx. I am surely not the only one who has a seperate partition for it.
Can someone running coreutils 5.0-r5 confirm that /bin/install is a link to /usr/bin/install?
If so I will open a bug.

Thanks for your help

Christian