rh wrote:

Hello.
I had Samba working perfectly when I had my Gentoo box and my (shudder)
Windows box plugged directly into my router. Now that I have moved the
Windows box to a wireless connection to the router, neither computer can
see each other anymore. Is this more likely to be a Samba (config)
issue or a hardware (router) issue? Or both? I have been looking but
want to know which direction I should be leaning more towards.

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

It is likely your wireless base station. Usually, if it is behind your firewall, you only need to run it in bridge mode (indeed, I always purchase an access point and not a router as there is no sense adding latency when I already have a firewall). Samba can also be configured to listen on only a given interface or network, so you might look at those settings. From here I lead you to all the online doco or your routers doco.

Tom Veldhouse