On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 22:10, Karl Huysmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have been looking everywhere, still can't find a solution to this
> problem:
>
> I run KDM and a KDE desktop, but I do use some Gnome gtk2 apps
> (Evolution, Mozilla compiled with gtk2, ...).
>
> To change theme and font settings for these Gnome apps, I open
> gnome-control-center from a shell. Lots of  GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL and
> GLib-GObject-CRITICAL error messages, but Control Center opens.
>
> Open Theme preferences and I get  this:
> Window manager warning: Failed to read theme from file
> /usr/share/themes/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml: Failed to open file
> '/usr/share/themes/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml': No such file or
> directory.
>
> Adjust the settings for theme and fonts, everything OK.
>
> But on next KDE login, settings are lost. Open Control Center again
> (same errors as above), double-clicking on either Font or Theme icons in
> Control Center immediately restores all of my previously made changes.
>
> When I open a Gnome session with the same user, everything is as I had
> set in Control Center.
>
> Tried doing the same with a freshly created user, same problem, so it is
> not user related.
>
> I have several Gentoo boxes, on some of them I have this problem, on
> others not.
>
> Any ideas?

In ~/.kde/Autostart create a shortcut to run gnome-settings-daemon ..
this should give your gtk apps the settings they need

--
Troy Dack               Gentoo moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               look around once in a while, you could miss out.

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96  92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C