Hi,

Am Samstag, 31. Januar 2004 21:19 schrieb Ani Adarsh:
> Yes I am seeing this problem too once I upgraded to kernel 2.6.2_rc2
> Im not sure but i keep upgraded ~x86 all the time and I too got an
> NVIDIA card and might have upgraded something else too ...
>
> On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 16:04, Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a small problem with consolefont and X. Without starting X
> > everything is ok. I have german umlauts and the eurosign on my console.
> > As soon as I startx, my consolefont gets messed up. To be more precise:
> > the umlauts and
> >
> > Spex:
> > Kernel 2.6.2_rc2
> > XFree4.3.0-r3
> > nvidia-kernel 1.0.5328-r1
> > nvidia-glx 1.0.5328-r1
>
> My specs exactly ....
> Maybe one of us should file a bug report ???

after some further investigation I don't think, this is gentoo related. It
works perfekt on my notebook with sis-chipset and graphics. So I think it's a
problem with nvidia-binary drivers and only nvidia has a chance to change
this. Btw: Am I blind, or is it true, that nvidia has no official way to
report bugs on its webpage? ;)

> Cheers
> Ani

Thanks for your response,