rh wrote:
Hello.

Don't really know what has caused this but my Gentoo box will not
properly re-boot...it stops in the grub shell.

From the shell, I can execute root, setup, kernel, configfile and boot commands and they all seem to work fine. So as far as I can tell, it is
not a missing kernel problem, is not a missing grub.config file or a is
not a typo in that file, is not a menu.1st issue as I think that it is
pointing as it should be, is not a grub emerge issue as I just emerged
-e my system (this was happening before I did this).

Everything seems in place yet grub will not automatically boot the
system...I have to manually enter the commands each time. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Copy grub.conf to menu.lst - grub 0.94 will change the default configuration file name and it looks like the CVS versions have pulled in this change.