* Gard Spreemann (2004-02-01 14:08 +0100)
> I want to run my own private rsync mirror, and have followed a guide I found
> on the forum for this.

Why? http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml ist the official one. The
one on the forum offers just technical advice for a local distfiles
mirror (FETCHCOMMAND, etc).

> I just want to make sure of one thing: The
> rsync-gentoo-portage.sh script should be set to sync with
> rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage right?

No, for a /private/mirror rsync.<tld>.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage is the
right one:

* Rsync etiquette guidelines
  http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20030505-newsletter.xml#doc_chap1_sect3

> I don't want to be doing  anything I'm not supposed to, like syncing
> my private mirror with a server  only meant for public mirrors.
> Also, is syncing my private mirror once every 24 hours ok?

Twice a day is okay, but more often than once a day doesn't make
sense.

Thorsten