Just installed 2.6 and NPTL on an old P233 that I am messing around
with, and had a couple of questions.

Firstly, when booting it says /sys does not exist and that 2.6 requires
it.  I figured the sysfs was setup automatically because I didnt have to
do it manually on all 3 of my other Gentoo 2.6 boxen.  What do I need to
do to create this manually?

I was following the Gentoo Security Guide and edited my
/etc/pam.d/passwd and sshd files exactly as specified in the guide, but
my sshd logfile is complaining about pam_pwdb.so not being found.

is the guide outdated or something? or is something not installed that
should be? pam is in the USE flags.  The only package it said to install
in that section was cracklib, which was installed during installation.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron