> >> Just wondered if anyone could recommend a good 'time planner' in
> >> portage? By which I mean something I can log what I've worked on for
> >> specific periods of time[*] ... if that makes any sense.
>
> I haven't used it, but this looks like what you describe:
>
> http://gttr.sourceforge.net/

That's GnoTime. It'll do just what you want. I use it all the time to track
hours. It's very stable. I've only got 2 gripes. I haven't found a way to remove
tasks, except to "cut" them and not paste them anywhere. I don't think there's
a way to manually add time to a task (like say you go on a business trip and
want to add the hours for the days you were away. I've resorted to hacking the
xml-based data file in that case)

It'll even pause the timer when your screen saver comes on if you want it to.

emerge gnotime and give it a try.
--
Chris Bare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]