On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:39:54AM -0800, Ted Ozolins wrote:
> On a new install, I've edited the files to use localtime,

Which files?

> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Vancouver and I have it linked to
> /etc/localtime. Yet if I do "date" I get UTC!

You mean the timezone is set to UTC? Or is the _time_ set to UTC. Also,
how do you have your BIOS clock set? You usually want you BIOS set to
UTC and the zoneinfo file will adjust UTC to your local time. The date
header in your email says your time is UTC minus eight hours. The first
time I installed Linux the time setting confused me for months.

HTH
Mike