Last night, while at work, I was trying to think of ways to reduce disk
usage on my laptop (thus increasing battery life).  I already mount /tmp
as tmpfs, and was wondering what else might be a good idea to mount as
tmpfs..

I figured /var/log might be a good candidate, so I stopped metalog,
backed up /var/log, then deleted everything, and did:

# mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/log -o size=10M

then started metalog again.

I also edited /etc/init.d/metalog, so that when stopped, saves the logs
to /var/log.save, and upon starting copies the files back over to
/var/log.

Another cool thing is that I can now turn buffering off for metalog, w/o
having to constantly write to disk :)

All this leads to my question... is there any reason I shouldn't do
this?

Thanks,
Aaron