Diego Zamboni wrote:

i m using Eterm and aterm, both can be transparent... (tested with: blackbox, fluxbox and KDE 3.x)

There seems to be a confusion:

Most modern terminal programs (aterm, Eterm, gnome-terminal, konsole,
etc.) plus some others (Kopete, gdesklets, etc.) implement
"pseudo-transparency". This is achieved by the program grabbing the
chunk of background underneath its window, and redisplaying it as its
own background. The effect is that of a transparent (or translucent)
window, but it is not really transparent: if your "transparent" window
is on top of some other window, it will still show the background image,
and not the window underneath.

Right, I just emerged Eterm, and it only supports the background image pseudo-transparency.
Nice feature anyway, but not true alpha blending. It's also not updated immediately, so the image
"hops" when moving the window.

As for Fresco, you said it's not stable yet? For the moment I'll rather stick with a stable
XFree86 4.3.0 than sacrifice stability for some rather superfluous special FX. Would be good for
bragging to one's (Windoze-using) friends, though! ;-)