whenever i reboot my machine after a clean shutdown,
i get a series of lines:

  Checking all filesystems ...
  cleanly unmounted ...
  0 transactions replayed ...
  checking internal tree ...

these refer to my Reiser partitions, which are operating faultlessly.
the whole set of checks takes  c 25 sec  out of a boot time of  c 90 sec .
surely, if the partitions were cleanly unmounted (as acknowledged above),
there sb no need to check any of them.

there was a query re this back around December (it's in my archive)
& the response was to re-emerge 'baselayout', as it contained a bug.
i have done that & re-emerged 'reiserfsprogs', but nothing has changed.

is this a feature, a misconfiguration or a bug ?
can anyone suggest a remedy ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]