Hey,

I've been using vcron for ... well, ever and just recently moved to ~x86
(which is running fine 'cept those nVidia drivers!). Anyway, every time
I merge anything or update I get this message;

 * Caching service dependencies...
 *  Service 'vixie-cron' already provide 'cron'!;
 *  Not adding service 'vcron'...                               [ ok ]

Which, while it doesn't affect me at all (ie. the system seems fine),
got me wondering what the heck was going on with it... If I do rc-update
-s, I get;

$ rc-update -s

               vcron |      default
          vixie-cron |

Suggesting that 'vcron' is being started rather than vixie-cron, which
has confused me even further as the above message(s) suggests that it's
vixie-cron that's active and not vcron...

As I say, it's not effecting my system, cron is still handling it's jobs
etc, it just seemed a little confusing.

Matt

--
http://www.mattsscripts.co.uk/
  - A great source for free CGI and stuff

Here's to the girl in little red shoes,
She drinks my liquor, she drinks my booze,
She has no cherry, but that's no sin,
She has the box the cherry came in.